Reports to: Carequality Vice President and eHealth Exchange Program Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Supervisory Responsibility: No
The Program Manager is responsible for helping to drive the success of Carequality and the eHealth Exchange, two health IT interoperability initiatives with nationwide scope, through project management, workgroup facilitation, process improvement, and customer support.
The role involves a great deal of independent work, with significant responsibility for the success of working groups composed of senior health IT influencers from across the nation, who volunteer their time to contribute to progress in interoperability.
This position requires a blend of project management, process knowledge, and strong analytical, communication, and leadership skills.
About Carequality and eHealth Exchange: Both Carequality and the eHealth Exchange support operational health information exchange activities, with services ranging from legal and policy governance, to identification of standards, and technical directory and security components. Both initiatives operate under The Sequoia Project, a non-profit with a public service mission to advance the ability of health IT systems to interoperate for the improvement of patient care, and the reduction of costs in the health care system.
About The Sequoia Project: The Sequoia Project is a dynamic and rapidly growing non-profit company that is a demonstrated leader supporting large-scale nationwide health information programs and initiatives. Our work enables health systems, clinics and other care settings, both governmental and private, to securely share health information to improve the health and care for more than 100 million people in the US. Through our unique public-private cooperative mission, we can both lead in innovating nationwide interoperable health data sharing, that serves the public good.
Interested qualified candidates are encouraged to apply now.
- Assist with or independently provide facilitation and support of working groups, in close cooperation with Sequoia Project staff and external contractors.
- Assist with the support of various governing bodies
- Support monthly communication calls and other informational sessions
- Facilitate ongoing updates to program materials such as application packages, operating policies and procedures, validation plans, working group materials, and other materials as necessary.
- Work directly with customers through each phase of the eHealth Exchange onboarding process and the Carequality Implementer application and validation process, ensuring that customer needs are met within required timeframes.
- Act in a highly consultative manner with the customer, including interaction with internal standards and testing experts and operations functional teams to ensure that the expectations are clearly defined.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong organizational, communication and customer relationship management skills
- Strong project management skills and experience
- Strong working knowledge of the health information technology (HIT) industry
- Ability to identify and effectively advocate for process improvements, and needed new processes
- Ability to work with a customer’s senior level management (typically Director / CIO) to provide updates and address escalated matters that affect the customer’s implementation timeframe.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS required
- 5+ years of work experience in a client focused role with increasing responsibility
- Minimum 3+ years solid experience in program/project management; preferably in health IT
- Exceptional consulting skills and customer savviness; experience independently managing, defining, leading and successfully delivering engagements.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to influence negotiate and lead regardless of title or authority.
- Moderate proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal business communication skills.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time to include typing and working on a computer monitor
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time
- Extended working hours and limited overnight travel (4 trips annually) may be necessary
- Occasional lifting of 15 to 20 lbs.