Vice President, eHealth Exchange Product Management
Reports to: CEO
FLSA Status: Exempt
The eHealth Exchange VP of Product Management role has the exciting opportunity to shape the future direction and growth of a leading nationwide public-private health data sharing network, the eHealth Exchange. As a key leader, the VP serves as the public spokesperson in support of additional advancement of this rapidly growing nationwide network.
This highly visible role will lead the eHealth Exchange product and service strategy, and define a multi-year road map that adapts to a dynamic and evolving market. This individual will also spearhead efforts to build out and deploy innovative, high quality, and efficient data sharing services to continuously expand network connectivity and value to network participants and the 100 million patients that they serve.
About the eHealth Exchange Network: eHealth Exchange is a nationwide health data sharing network, which enables the secure sharing of health information among public and private participants, including federal agencies, health systems, healthcare provider organizations, regional and state health data sharing networks, public health and others in support of better care for individuals and populations.
About The Sequoia Project: The Sequoia Project is a dynamic and rapidly growing non-profit company that is a demonstrated leader supporting large-scale nationwide health information programs and initiatives. Our work enables health systems, clinics and other care settings, both governmental and private, to securely share health information to improve the health and care for more than 100 million people in the US. Through our unique public-private cooperative mission, we can both lead in innovating nationwide interoperable health data sharing, that serves the public good.
Interested qualified candidates are encouraged to apply now.
- Define and develop go-to-market strategies, business development approaches and product marketing strategy plans
- Build long term relationships with key industry and governmental organizations
- Oversee business unit financial activities
- Develop and execute the multiyear eHealth Exchange Strategic Roadmap
- Lead initiatives from concept through launch, including working in coordination with the eHealth Exchange program team on prioritization and implementation efforts.
- Allocate resources and manage finances to achieve desired strategic outcomes.
- Deliver presentations, drive the development of marketing materials, and represent the eHealth Exchange at conferences and other meetings.
- Assess existing and new relationships with health IT vendors, service providers and other stakeholders to identify opportunities to advance the eHealth Exchange programs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Solid understanding of product management and product marketing methodologies
- Strong working knowledge of Health Information Technology (HIT) and interoperability
- Excellent public speaking capabilities in front of large audiences, with the ability to represent eHealth Exchange to the media
- Strong organizational, communication and customer relationship management skills
- Financial skills (profit and loss management pricing, contract evaluation)
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Very strong collaboration and communications skills
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors’ degree in a Healthcare or Technology related field (preferred) or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of EHR / HIE technology or implementation experience, with a working knowledge of health IT standards
- Strong understanding of data connectivity, interoperability principles & standards, and related communication protocols
- 5+ years managing a product line and department, including having business–level or profit and loss responsibility
- Excellent technical, management and analytical skills and the ability to understand the eHealth Exchange services and associated processes
- Excellent personal presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proven experience launching and leading new large-scale programs or roll-outs of HIT or HIE
- Experience facilitating consensus regarding standards, implementation requirements and policies related to HIE and interoperability
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time to include typing and working on a computer monitor
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time
- Extended working hours and travel may be necessary
- Ability to lift 15 to 20 lbs.