Test Cases for Initiating Imaging Gateway
The system for testing an Initiating Imaging Gateway uses the XDS Toolkit software from NIST with no modifications.
We use those tools as written and configured.
Certain toolkit management functions are password protected and must be performed by the test administrator.
Please follow these general instructions.
|User ||Configuration||Your Initiating Imaging Gateway will need to communicate with a collection of simulators.
The detailed instructions below will tell you how to obtain the configuration information for those simulators.|
|All ||Configuration||The test cases require that the Initiating Imaging Gateway under test use a specific value for homeCommunityID.
That value is documented in iig/iig_5399.html and also within the toolkit when you run the tests.|
|User ||Configuration||Provide test administrator with configuration parameters for your Initiating Imaging Gateway. See line item above concerning homeCommunityID.|
- Create a SYSTEM within the XDS Toolkit that uses the supplied configuration parameters.
- In this system, include only the Initiating Imaging Gateway configuration. Do not double up with other actors.
|Admin||Configuration||Create a testing SESSION for this Initiating Imaging Gateway. The system under test should use only this SESSION and no others.|
|User ||Instruction||Use only the testing ENVIRONMENT and testing SESSION assigned by the administrator when testing your Initiating Imaging Gateway. Do not test other actors using this testing SESSION.|
|User ||Instruction||It is expected that the user will execute the tests and the administrator will review results when the tests are complete. The user may execute individual or all tests multiple times. Each time you execute a test, the toolkit will overwrite the previous results in the test SESSION for that test.|
- In the web user interface, make sure you have selected the proper testing ENVIRONMENT and proper testing SESSION.
- In the lower left flap of the toolkit, select Conformance Tests.
- Activate the teal/green Test Context control (right side of conformance tests). Select your SYSTEM as the system under test.
- Select the Initiating Imaging Gateway tab.
- Check the Reset box and activate the button: Initialize Testing Environment. This will create a set of simulators and load test patients into that environment.
- Wait for the environment initialization steps to complete. You should see initilization steps under the heading Supporting Environment Configuration turn green.
- The display will show you the configuration parameters for the Document Registry simulator. Use that data to configure your Initiating Imaging Gateway.
Please note that you can initialize the environment any number of times. The simulators will always be created with the same endpoints.
You will not have to reconfigure your Initiating Imaging Gateway if you decide to initialize the testing environment again.
- Now you can run all tests (one button for the Initiating Imaging Gateway - Required Tests, or you can run individual tests. The trashcan icon clears the log/test results.
- As stated above, you can run the test cases and review the results on your own schedule. Contact the administrator with questions or to verify results.
Instructions for individual tests are stored in the toolkit. The links below provide static copies of the documentation that do not rely on toolkit access.