Accounting and Administrative Specialist
Reports to: CEO
FLSA Status: Exempt
Supervisory Responsibility: No
THE SEQUOIA PROJECT SUMMARY:
The Sequoia Project is a non-profit with a public mission to advance secure nationwide health data exchange to improve the health and welfare of Americans.
The Accounting and Administrative Specialist oversees and executes the day-to-day operations of The Sequoia Project’s Accounting, Payroll, and Human Resources functions, as well as provides support for the day-to-day business operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs moderately complex account support, which includes but is not limited to managing payroll, accounts receivable (AR), and accounts payable (AP) in coordination with an outsourced accounting firm
- Serves as a primary point of contact for staff for payroll and HR-related questions, and acts as a hub between the organization and third-party entities (benefits brokers, outsourced accounting, etc.)
- Coordinates preparation and reporting of the annual budget and provides supporting information needed for the annual financial audit
- Ensures timesheets are approved and processed, and administers and tracks PTO
- With assistance, coordinates and administers Human Resource-related processes such as on-boarding and off-boarding of staff, facilitating the performance review process, and benefits enrollment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITES:
- General understanding of accounting and finance principles
- Experience with Microsoft Office required, and experience with Salesforce.com, ADP and Intact accounting software desired
- Ability and willingness to work flexibly and proactively in a growing nonprofit environment
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, teamwork and time management skills
- Excellent communication, analytical and mathematical skills
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in business operations management with at least 3 years of accounting/payroll experience. The payroll experience may be waived in lieu of other related experience as long as the candidate is willing to attain that knowledge.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time to include typing and working on a computer monitor as well as standing or sitting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 15 to 20 lbs.
To apply for this position, please send your resume with a note which position you are interested in to HR@sequoiaproject.org.