The Steering Committee is responsible for Carequality’s strategic direction, and for the development and oversight of the Carequality interoperability framework.
The Steering Committee specifically has responsibility for:
- Governing the work of Carequality to assure that the work group and Advisory Council activities are conducted in a manner consistent with Carequality’s vision and principles.
- Manage the work of Carequality to maximize efficiency and effectiveness within an annual Carequality budget.
- Establishing work groups and corresponding work group charters that define the work group composition, scope, deliverables and timeframes for completing its work.
- Evaluating, prioritizing and adopting new Use Cases.
- Seeking input and recommendations from the Carequality Advisory Council and other stakeholders, to assure broad stakeholder input.
- Maintaining a definitive list of Use Cases and other deliverables, to assure clear versioning of such work, developed and maintained by Carequality.
- Coordinating with standards development organizations, policy-related endeavors and other federal and industry initiatives to help align the standards and specifications employed by the Carequality with other like efforts.
- Overseeing other centralized functions supported for Carequality.
- Overseeing a process, as needed, to address questions or disputes regarding any Carequality deliverable.
- Evaluating ongoing program effectiveness on a periodic basis and implement process improvements over time.
The following individuals are the members of the Steering Committee: