The eHealth Exchange Testing Program was developed to test compliance for Health Information Exchange (HIE) standards as required by the eHealth Exchange Coordinating Committee for onboarding to the eHealth Exchange network. Its purpose is to enable organizations that wish to participate in the eHealth Exchange to validate the compliance of their Health Information Technology (HIT) with the eHealth Exchange Performance and Service Specifications.
The eHealth exchange supports a variety of use cases. The types and quantity of testing that an organization needs to do prior to onboarding depends upon the use cases that they would like to support:
The Participant Testing Program is specifically designed for applicants that are seeking to onboard to the eHealth Exchange or for existing eHealth Exchange participants seeking to retest their system due to a major system upgrade or change to their technology. Upon successful completion of participant testing, a test summary report will be provided to the eHealth Exchange Coordinating Committee for their use in making a determination whether the eHealth Exchange applicant has satisfied all of the requirements for participation in the network.
- Applicants are required to test the 2011 specs.
- There are 6 smoke tests and 19 required security tests.
- Content testing is required for all Applicants and Participants.
- If using an eHealth Exchange Validated product, participant need only run smoke tests.
The Product Testing Program is for product vendors seeking to verify their product against a more rigorous set of tests that will result in their product being considered “eHealth Exchange Validated”. Any applicant or participant that utilizes an eHealth Exchange Validated Product will not need to conduct any of the security testing. This will result in a cost reduction for the applicant.
- There are 6 required smoke tests and 35 required security tests
- Vendors must run all provisional test cases. But a FAIL on a provisional test case will not impact the results of the testing.