Apply Now For eHealth Exchange Manager of Policy & Governance Position
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Reports to: eHealth Exchange Executive Director
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full Time
Supervisory Responsibility: N/A
The eHealth Exchange Policy Manager serves as the lead staff and subject matter expert on eHealth Exchange-related legal and trust agreements and operating policies and procedures. The Manager works in consultation with the Executive Director (ED), Coordinating Committee (CC) and Board of Directors.
The Manager works with the ED to evaluate new use cases, network capability and related policy implications to enhance and grow the network; and serves as the lead representative with participating federal agencies to accomplish coordinated innovative strategies supporting and accelerating a nationwide rollout of the eHealth Exchange Program across the U.S.
The Manager serves as a subject matter expert (SME) on eHealth Exchange governance, including in-depth knowledge of the Data Use and Reciprocal Support Agreement (DURSA), associated Operating Policies and Procedures (OPPs), and the CC—serving as lead staff and Secretary to the CC.
This position is located in the Vienna, VA corporate office.
What is the eHealth Exchange?
eHealth Exchange is a nationwide health data sharing network, which enables the secure sharing of health information among public and private participants, including federal agencies, health systems, healthcare provider organizations, regional and state health data sharing networks, public health and others in support of better care for individuals and populations.
- Develop and maintain a prioritized set of policies, goals, and process improvements that supports the strategic direction set by the Executive Director, Coordinating Committee, and eHealth Exchange Board of Directors
- Analyze policy implications of new laws, regulations, and guidance related to health information sharing to align network policy and governance as appropriate
- Work in consultation with the Executive Director to build close relationships with federal agencies in an effort to develop coordinated innovative strategies to support and accelerate a nationwide rollout of the eHealth Exchange Program across the U.S.; current participating agencies include: Veterans Health Administration (VHA), Department of Defense (DOD), Social Security Administration (SSA), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and Indian Health Services (IHS)
- Address questions and provide guidance to applicants and organizations participating in the program
- Function as the lead staff member and serve as the Secretary to the Coordinating Committee (CC), the governing body which oversees the eHealth Exchange, and prepare matters for CC deliberation and oversee the execution of decisions made by the CC
- Provide subject matter expertise on eHealth Exchange governance, including in depth knowledge of the Data Use and Reciprocal Support Agreement (DURSA), associated Operating Policies and Procedures (OPPs), and the Coordinating Committee
- Lead policy review process to vet new use cases as applicable and provide subject matter expertise to ensure new use cases and/or specifications are within the scope of the eHealth Exchange (i.e., impacts or changes to eHealth Exchange Operating Policies and Procedures, establishing task groups)
- Support the Executive Director in the implementation and rollout of the eHealth Exchange National Level Gateway Service (Hub), drafting, vetting, and providing subject matter expertise on new policies and processes
- Consult with The Sequoia Project legal counsel as appropriate to resolve questions related to eHealth Exchange governance, policy implications for new use cases, and proposed changes to legal agreements
- Manage ongoing development, review, input, and maintenance of the following, in coordination with The Sequoia Project Chief Executive Officer (CEO), eHealth Exchange (ED), Chief Technology Officer (CTO), VP Informatics, Interoperability, & Conformance, and CC Chair:
- Onboarding package and materials
- Trust agreement and related policies and procedures
- Validation plans, as well as test cases and related testing tools
- Operating Policies and Procedures
- Workgroup efforts that maintain the materials implemented by eHealth Exchange Participants
- Collaborate with the Sequoia Project VP of Informatics, Conformance, and Interoperability to ensure that testing processes are successfully aligned and implemented within the overall eHealth Exchange Onboarding process
- Oversee educational programming; lead regular communication calls and other educational sessions, overseeing content creation and delivery
- Model the Company’s values and Code of Conduct; manage resources and business objectives in compliance with The Sequoia Project policies and standards
- Complete other projects as assigned by the Executive Director
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to manage policy work for a rapidly growing and evolving program on a nationwide scale, in a highly visible setting
- Excellent communication and customer relationship management skills
- Ability to work through complex policy and governance issues toward timely resolution both at a strategic level as well as a day-to-day operational level, in a setting that requires coordinating across multiple parties including senior level leadership
- Ability to adapt quickly to complex culture and develop successful professional relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to complete tasks accurately and within strict time constraints and simultaneously manage multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability starting and leading multi-disciplinary teams for complex program efforts
- Must be experienced and comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment and able to deal well with change and ambiguity
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required; J.D. or Master’s degree in Business Administration, Public Health Administration, or related field preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in health IT
- Minimum of 3 years working on complex health IT policy and trust agreements for health information exchange
- Solid foundation of professional experience developing, interpreting, and applying policies, preferentially for production health information sharing
- Experience working in the public and private sector, with a demonstrated understanding of federal contracting
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time
- Extended working hours and overnight travel may be necessary; approximate travel: 10%
- Ability to lift 15 to 20 lbs.