Apply Now For Marketing Communications Coordinator Position
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Reports to: Director, Marketing Communications
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Full Time
Supervisory Responsibility: N/A
The Marketing Communications Coordinator works with the Director of Marketing Communications to execute the overall marketing strategy across all brands in The Sequoia Project portfolio, including its two affiliated organizations— Carequality and the eHealth Exchange. This individual will support a more meaningful relationship between The Sequoia Project, and its membership, as well as trade media and other audiences.
This role supports the Director of Marketing Communications in program marketing, public relations, and healthcare industry education responsibilities including brand management, public events, publications, social media and online presence. The Marketing Communications Coordinator works in cooperation with the CEO and the Executive Directors of all The Sequoia Project’s affiliated organizations.
This position is based in The Sequoia Project’s McLean, VA corporate office.
Who is The Sequoia Project?
The Sequoia Project is a non-profit with a public service mission to advance the ability of health IT systems to interoperate for the improvement of patient care, and the reduction of costs in the health care system. The Sequoia Project provides management and marketing support to two affiliated companies, Carequality and the eHealth Exchange. Carequality and the eHealth Exchange support operational health information exchange activities, with services ranging from legal and policy governance, to identification of standards, and technical directory and security components.
- Assist the Director in execution of a strategic marketing plan and program for The Sequoia Project and its affiliate companies—eHealth Exchange and Carequality
- Assist the Director with planning meetings, virtual events, and trade shows:
- HIMSS annual conference (i.e., highly professional exhibit booth, media relations, collateral, PR, related presentations and meetings)
- Three annual in-person member meetings including conference logistics, registration, programming, promotion, and sponsorships
- 2-3 monthly webinars
- 2-5 externally-hosted industry events (i.e., smaller conferences/UGMs)
- Support quarterly content strategy of related multi-channel campaigns:
- Develop and update Web content
- Administer email strategy: planning, content creation, execution and measurement
- Manage social media content: creating, scheduling, executing, and evaluating multiple Twitter and LinkedIn accounts
- Create and edit content for promotional materials such as membership emails, presentations, blogs, news releases, and newsletters
- Contribute to other marketing communications-related efforts as needed. As a growing non-profit, each position provides opportunities for growth and skill development
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong organizational and customer relationship management skills
- Knowledge of the health information technology (HIT) industry. Prior knowledge of The Sequoia Project organization and its programs is highly desired.
- Ability to Internalize and communicate each brand across multiple communication channels
- Ability to multi-task in rapidly evolving environment, in extremely condensed timeframes
- Excellent storytelling and communication skills, both verbally and written
- Demonstrated graphic design skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a self-starter
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (at minimum)
- A minimum 3-5 years of work experience in healthcare marketing and communications and one or more of the following: experience with health information technology software development; the delivery or administration of clinical care; or a healthcare professional or advocacy organization. The ideal candidate will possess job experience with a health IT vendor, a provider or payer.
- Experience in the areas of product or program marketing management and brand development are desired
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM
- Experience with Pardot or other marketing automation tool experience
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift 15 to 20 lbs.