Interoperability Testing Platform
The Sequoia Project has built a robust and rigorous testing platform. The Sequoia Project Interoperability Testing Platform (ITP) is a set of more than a dozen testing tools covering transport, security, and content aspects to improve health information exchange nationwide. While the ITP is available to members and non-members alike, The Sequoia Project members receive exclusive discounts.
Data exchange is just the beginning for successful health data sharing. We are also committed to ensuring the content of those data exchanges is both accurate and useful to providers and patients.
Industry-wide pain points to quality and accurate data content include:
- Optionality: More than one way to do things and inconsistent implementation across vendors
- Terminology: Inconsistent terminology usage
- Specification ambiguity: Narrowed and clarified specifications are needed
- Complexity: The C-CDA standard is difficult to understand and consume, and is lacking in clearly documented examples
The Sequoia Project has worked with IHE International to build a robust content testing platform which focuses on known interoperability issues and security. Leveraging Art Decor/ Gazelle Objects Checker, the customized The Sequoia Project Interoperability Testing Platform was piloted in April 2016 and is ISO 17025 Compliant for Conformity Assessment. The tool covers HITSP C32/CCD, HL7 C-CDA CCD R1.1, and R2.1 versions and associated companion guides for Meaningful Use.
Sequoia Project members enjoy free access ($3,000 value) to the content testing tools.
Transport and Security Testing
The Sequoia Project ITP was developed for product vendors and verifies that the systems used by their clients, comply with the specifications prior to being implemented in the production environment.
The best-in-class suite of transport and security testing tools are leveraged today by both health information exchange networks and health IT vendors. Built in partnership with IHE International, the testing toolkit includes:
- Gazelle Test Management (User Management)
- Gazelle Security Suite (Security Testing)
- Assertion Manager (Checklist Testing)
- EVS Client (UI for Systems Under Test)
- Patient Manager (PD Testing)
- Gazelle Webservice Tester
- XDS Toolkit (QD & RD Testing)
Subscription is 1 yr access to both the testing tools. In addition to the self-service tools, Sequoia Project staff are available to answer specified, relevant test cases questions. The Sequoia Project members receive an exclusive 20% discount.
If you are interested in learning more about The Sequoia Project ITP, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org