Test Cases for Imaging Document Consumer
The system for testing an Imaging Document Consumer uses the XDS Toolkit software from NIST with no modifications.
We use those tools as written and configured.
The tests for an Imaging Document Source use a fixed set of images as input data.
The test data has departmental patient identifiers in the DICOM files (e.g., those used in the Radiology Department when the images are acquired)
and identifiers for the test Affinity Domain.
There is no assigning authority for the departmental identifiers. The assigning authority for the Affinity Domain is:
The Imaging Document Consumer tests assume a standard testing procedure:
- A standard test set is created that contains imaging data and associated KOS objects.
The standard test images are identified by patient identifier and are listed with each test as appropriate.
- The test software does not provide a mapping mechanism between the patient identifier in the image and the
patient identifier in the Affinity Domain.
It is the responsibility of the Imaging Document Consumer to use the correct patient identifier for the Affinity Domain.
- The Imaging Document Consumer is instructed to send query and retrieve requests to the testing system.
The logging mechanism of the simulators in the testing system records the requests.
The testing system supports retrieves using the RAD-55 (WADO) and RAD-69 (SOAP) transactions.
Traditional DICOM C-Move transactions are not supported.
The Imaging Document Consumer under test needs to complete all tests using RAD-55 transactions or all tests using RAD-69 transactions.
The Imaging Document Consumer may test both RAD-55 and RAD-69 transactions if both are supported.
- The test manager reviews the Imaging Document Consumer requests captured by the test system simulators.
Certain toolkit management functions are password protected and must be performed by the test administrator.
Please follow these general instructions.
|User ||Configuration||Your Imaging Document Consumer will need to communicate with a set of simulators.
The detailed instructions below will tell you how to obtain the configuration information for the simulators.|
|User ||Configuration||Provide test administrator with configuration parameters for your Imaging Document Consumer.|
- Create a SYSTEM within the XDS Toolkit that uses the supplied configuration parameters.
- In this system, include only the Imaging Document Consumer configuration. Do not double up with other actors.
|Admin||Configuration||Create a testing SESSION for this Imaging Document Consumer.
The system under test should use only this SESSION and no others.|
|User ||Instruction||Use only the testing ENVIRONMENT and testing SESSION assigned by the administrator when testing your Imaging Document Consumer.
Do not test other actors using this testing SESSION.|
|User ||Instruction||It is expected that the user will execute the tests and the administrator will review results when the tests are complete. The user may execute individual or all tests multiple times. Each time you execute a test, the toolkit will overwrite the previous results in the test SESSION for that test.|
- In the web user interface, make sure you have selected the proper testing ENVIRONMENT and proper testing SESSION.
- In the lower left flap of the toolkit, select Conformance Tests.
- Activate the teal/green Test Context control (right side of conformance tests). Select your SYSTEM as the system under test.
- Select the Imaging Document Consumer tab.
- Check the Reset box and activate the button: Initialize Testing Environment. This will create a set of simulators and load test patients into those simulators.
- Wait for the environment initialization steps to complete. You should see initilization steps under the heading Supporting Environment Configuration turn green.
- The display will show you the configuration parameters for the simulator. Use that data to configure your Imaging Document Consumer.
Please note that you can initialize the environment any number of times. The simulators will always be created with the same endpoints.
You will not have to reconfigure your Imaging Document Consumer if you decide to initialize the testing environment again.
- Imaging Document Consumer tests are not automated.
They require your system to initiate transactions.
You will initiate the transactions for each test, and the administrator will review query and retrieve requests captured by the testing system.
The trashcan icon clears the log/test results.
- As stated above, you can run the test cases and review the results on your own schedule. Contact the administrator with questions or to verify results.
Instructions for individual tests are stored in the toolkit. The links below provide static copies of the documentation that do not rely on toolkit access.