Test Cases for Document Registry
The system for testing a Document Registry uses the XDS Toolkit software from NIST with no modifications.
We use those tools as written and configured.
The toolkit will send a small number of HL7 V2 ADT messages to the Document Registry under test.
Your Document Registry will need to accept those V2 messages and use them to register your patients
as required by the IHE XDS.b profile. The toolkit does not have a V3 option.
Certain toolkit management functions are password protected and must be performed by the test administrator.
Please follow these general instructions.
|User ||Configuration||Provide test administrator with configuration parameters for your Document Registry.|
- Create a SYSTEM within the XDS Toolkit that uses the supplied configuration parameters.
- In this system, include only the DOCUMENT REGISTRY configuration. Do not double up with other actors.
|Admin||Configuration||Create a testing SESSION for this DOCUMENT REGISTRY. The system under test should use only this SESSION and no others.|
|User ||Instruction||Use only the testing ENVIRONMENT and testing SESSION assigned by the administrator when testing your REGISTRY. Do not test other actors using this testing SESSION.|
|User ||Instruction||It is expected that the user will execute the tests and the administrator will review results when the tests are complete. The user may execute individual or all tests multiple times. Each time you execute a test, the toolkit will overwrite the previous results in the test SESSION for that test.|
- In the web user interface, make sure you have selected the proper testing ENVIRONMENT and proper testing SESSION.
- In the lower left flap of the toolkit, select Conformance Tests.
- Activate the teal/green Test Context control (right side of conformance tests). Select your SYSTEM as the system under test.
- Select the Document Registry tab.
- Check the Reset box and activate the button: Initialize Testing Environment. This will send HL7 V2 ADT messages to your registry.
- Wait for the environment initialization steps to complete. You should see initilization steps under the heading Supporting Environment Configuration turn green.
- Now you can run all tests (one button for the Document Registry - Required Tests, or you can run individual tests. The trashcan icon clears the log/test results.
- As stated above, you can run the test cases and review the results on your own schedule. Contact the administrator with questions or to verify results.
Instructions for individual tests are stored in the toolkit. The links below provide static copies of the documentation that do not rely on toolkit access.