Test Cases for Document Repository (2018)
This document describes testing requirements for the Document
Repository actor in the IHE XDS-I.b integration profile. The
Document Repository will perform tests using the XDS Toolkit
software from NIST and also ATNA security tests using the Gazelle
software. The test procedure includes:
- Execute all tests listed at the bottom of this page without
- Repeat all tests listed at the bottom with TLS enabled
- Execute the following No Peer tests that appear in Gazelle for
Certain toolkit management functions are password protected and
must be performed by the test administrator. Please follow these
||Your Document Repository will need to communicate with a
Document Registry simulator. The detailed instructions below
will tell you how to obtain the configuration information
for the simulator.
||Provide test administrator with configuration parameters
for your Document Repository.
- Create a SYSTEM within the XDS Toolkit that uses the
supplied configuration parameters.
- In this system, include only the Document Repository
configuration. Do not double up with other actors.
||Create a testing SESSION for this Document Repository. The
system under test should use only this SESSION and no
||Use only the testing ENVIRONMENT and testing SESSION
assigned by the administrator when testing your Document
Repository. Do not test other actors using this testing
||It is expected that the user will execute the tests and
the administrator will review results when the tests are
complete. The user may execute individual or all tests
multiple times. Each time you execute a test, the toolkit
will overwrite the previous results in the test SESSION for
- In the web user interface, make sure you have selected the
proper testing ENVIRONMENT and proper testing SESSION.
- In the lower left flap of the toolkit, select Conformance
- Activate the teal/green Test Context control (right side of
conformance tests). Select your SYSTEM as the system under test.
- Select the Document Repository tab.
- Check the Reset box and activate the button: Initialize
Testing Environment. This will create a Document Registry
simulator and load test patients into that simulator.
- Wait for the environment initialization steps to complete. You
should see initilization steps under the heading Supporting
Environment Configuration turn green.
- The display will show you the configuration parameters for the
Document Registry simulator. Use that data to configure your
Document Repository. Please note that you can initialize
the environment any number of times. The Document Registry
simulator will always be created with the same endpoints. You
will not have to reconfigure your Document Repository if you
decide to initialize the testing environment again.
- Now you can run all tests (one button for the Document
Repository - Required Tests, or you can run individual tests.
The trashcan icon clears the log/test results.
- As stated above, you can run the test cases and review the
results on your own schedule. Contact the administrator with
questions or to verify results.
Instructions for individual tests are stored in the toolkit. The
links below provide static copies of the documentation that do not
rely on toolkit access.