Test Cases for Responding Imaging Gateway (2018)
This document describes testing requirements for the Responding
Imaging Gateway actor in the IHE XCA-I.b integration profile. The
Responding Imaging Gateway will perform tests using the XDS
Toolkit software from NIST and also ATNA security tests using the
Gazelle software. The test procedure includes:
- Execute all tests listed at the bottom of this page without
- Repeat all tests listed at the bottom with TLS enabled
- Execute the following No Peer tests that appear in Gazelle for
Certain toolkit management functions are password protected and
must be performed by the test administrator. Please follow these
||Your Responding Imaging Gateway will need to communicate
with a collection of simulators. The detailed instructions
below will tell you how to obtain the configuration
information for those simulators.
||The test cases require that the Responding Imaging Gateway
under test use a specific value for homeCommunityID. That
value is documented in rig/rig_2018-5420.html
and also within the toolkit when you run the tests.
||Provide test administrator with configuration parameters
for your Responding Imaging Gateway. See line item
above concerning homeCommunityID.
- Create a SYSTEM within the XDS Toolkit that uses the
supplied configuration parameters.
- In this system, include only the Responding Imaging
Gateway configuration. Do not double up with other
||Create a testing SESSION for this Responding Imaging
Gateway. The system under test should use only this SESSION
and no others.
||Use only the testing ENVIRONMENT and testing SESSION
assigned by the administrator when testing your Responding
Imaging Gateway. Do not test other actors using this testing
||It is expected that the user will execute the tests and
the administrator will review results when the tests are
complete. The user may execute individual or all tests
multiple times. Each time you execute a test, the toolkit
will overwrite the previous results in the test SESSION for
- In the web user interface, make sure you have selected the
proper testing ENVIRONMENT and proper testing SESSION.
- In the lower left flap of the toolkit, select Conformance
- Activate the teal/green Test Context control (right side of
conformance tests). Select your SYSTEM as the system under test.
- Select the Responding Imaging Gateway tab.
- Check the Reset box and activate the button: Initialize
Testing Environment. This will create a set of simulators and
load test patients into that environment.
- Wait for the environment initialization steps to complete. You
should see initilization steps under the heading Supporting
Environment Configuration turn green.
- The display will show you the configuration parameters for the
Document Registry simulator. Use that data to configure your
Responding Imaging Gateway. Please note that you can
initialize the environment any number of times. The simulators
will always be created with the same endpoints. You will not
have to reconfigure your Responding Imaging Gateway if you
decide to initialize the testing environment again.
- Now you can run all tests (one button for the Responding
Imaging Gateway - Required Tests, or you can run individual
tests. The trashcan icon clears the log/test results.
- As stated above, you can run the test cases and review the
results on your own schedule. Contact the administrator with
questions or to verify results.
Instructions for individual tests are stored in the toolkit. The
links below provide static copies of the documentation that do not
rely on toolkit access.