Test Cases for Document Registry (2018)
This document describes testing requirements for the Document
Registry actor in the IHE XDS-I.b integration profile. The
Document Registry will perform tests using the XDS Toolkit
software from NIST and also ATNA security tests using the Gazelle
software. The test procedure includes:
- Execute all tests listed at the bottom of this page without
- Repeat all tests listed at the bottom with TLS enabled
- Execute the following No Peer tests that appear in Gazelle for
The toolkit will send a small number of HL7 V2 ADT messages to
the Document Registry under test. Your Document Registry will need
to accept those V2 messages and use them to register your patients
as required by the IHE XDS.b profile. The toolkit does not have a
Certain toolkit management functions are password protected and
must be performed by the test administrator. Please follow these
||Provide test administrator with configuration parameters
for your Document Registry.
- Create a SYSTEM within the XDS Toolkit that uses the
supplied configuration parameters.
- In this system, include only the DOCUMENT REGISTRY
configuration. Do not double up with other actors.
||Create a testing SESSION for this DOCUMENT REGISTRY. The
system under test should use only this SESSION and no
||Use only the testing ENVIRONMENT and testing SESSION
assigned by the administrator when testing your REGISTRY. Do
not test other actors using this testing SESSION.
||It is expected that the user will execute the tests and
the administrator will review results when the tests are
complete. The user may execute individual or all tests
multiple times. Each time you execute a test, the toolkit
will overwrite the previous results in the test SESSION for
- In the web user interface, make sure you have selected the
proper testing ENVIRONMENT and proper testing SESSION.
- In the lower left flap of the toolkit, select Conformance
- Activate the teal/green Test Context control (right side of
conformance tests). Select your SYSTEM as the system under test.
- Select the Document Registry tab.
- Check the Reset box and activate the button: Initialize
Testing Environment. This will send HL7 V2 ADT messages to your
- Wait for the environment initialization steps to complete. You
should see initilization steps under the heading Supporting
Environment Configuration turn green.
- Now you can run all tests (one button for the Document
Registry - Required Tests, or you can run individual tests. The
trashcan icon clears the log/test results.
- As stated above, you can run the test cases and review the
results on your own schedule. Contact the administrator with
questions or to verify results.
Instructions for individual tests are stored in the toolkit. The
links below provide static copies of the documentation that do not
rely on toolkit access.